Boise Contra Dance
Contra Dancing is a form of American folk dance in which the dancers form a set of two parallel lines which run the length of the hall. Each dance consists of a sequence of moves, many the same as used in square dances, that ends with couples having progressed one position up or down the set. As the sequence is repeated, a couple will eventually dance with every other couple in the set. Live "old time" music will be provided by The Acrasians. Callers are Pat Blatter, Karen Strickler or Denise Sukkar. Instruction for new contra dancers is provided at 7:30, everyone dances at 8:00. A waltz is also played before the break and as the last dance. No special clothing required, leather sole or shoes that slide easily are recommended. Partners not required. Contra dances are active, energetic and fun! All are welcome!
Event url: www.Facebook/BoiseContraDanceSociety
893 E. Boise Ave.
Boise, ID 83706
Other Dates & Times
- Saturday, November 11, 2017, 7:30 PM - 10:30 PM
- Saturday, December 9, 2017, 7:30 PM - 10:30 PM
- Saturday, January 13, 2018, 7:30 PM - 10:30 PM
- ? Show All
More Event Ideas
- More Events on October 14, 2017
- HARRY POTTER AND THE SORCERER'S STONE™ - IN CONCERT FEATURING THE BOISE PHILHARMONIC at Morrison CenterSaturday, Oct 14, 1:30 PM
- Saturday, Oct 14, 2:00 PM
- Saturday, Oct 14, 7:30 PM