Construction, Deconstruction, and Abstraction: The Art of James Castle
Since first displaying his art in 1963, the Boise Art Museum has been committed to exhibiting, collecting, and preserving the work of Idaho artist James Castle (1899-1977). His artwork is regularly featured in Permanent Collection exhibitions, and this is the tenth solo show of the artist's work at the Museum. Through gifts and purchases, BAM now has the largest museum collection of Castle's artwork. Although he never received formal artistic training, Castle's artwork presents a sophisticated approach to varied interpretations of his surroundings. Many of the compositions are accurate depictions of his environment that reveal his understanding of space and ability to correctly render perspective and proportion. Others are more subtle and dreamlike--stylized readings of the world around him. Still others are completely abstract configurations that give insight into the artist's rich imagination.
Cost: Included in admission
670 Julia Davis Dr.
Boise, ID 83702
Other Dates & Times
- Friday, August 10, 2018, 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Wednesday, September 5, 2018, 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Sunday, August 5, 2018, 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Friday, August 24, 2018, 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- ? Show All
More Event Ideas
- More Art and Exhibits Events
- Friday, Aug 10, 6:00 PM
- Saturday, Jul 21, 12:00 PM
- Thursday, Sep 6, 10:00 AM
- More Events on August 8, 2018
- Wednesday, Aug 8, 8:00 PM
- Wednesday, Aug 8, 7:00 PM
- Wednesday, Aug 8, 6:00 PM
What can we do for you?
Thank you for your input. Please fill out the form below and provide as much information as possible about updates to this event or venue.