Easy Answers about Lodging Taxes - Boise
You probably already know you need to charge sales tax if you operate a hotel, bed & breakfast, short-term rental, or even a campground. But do you know which other taxes to collect, and when? Learn what you need to know about taxing short-term rentals (30 days or less) in this FREE class from the Idaho State Tax Commission.
Come to find out:
* How to collect an auditorium district tax
* Which taxes apply to sleeping rooms, and which apply to banquet and meeting rooms
* How to collect sales tax on related items and services such as meals, pool access or spa visits
* Understanding valid exemptions from sales tax
* Who collects taxes if you rent out your place through a short-term rental marketplace (such as Airbnb)
* How to find helpful resources
* Bring your questions!
This class is perfect for hotel, motel, or resort managers; owners of bed & breakfasts; people who rent out their places through short-term rental marketplaces; managers of campgrounds, RV parks, cabins or summer camps; or anyone who rents out accommodations for 30 days or less in Idaho.
CPE credit for CPAs available
Phone: (208) 334-7531
Event url: www.eventbrite.com/e/easy-answers-about-lodging-taxes-boise-registration-63262719497?aff=KTVB
More Event Ideas
- More Education Events
- Friday, Aug 23, 9:00 AM
- Saturday, Oct 19, 9:00 AM
- Monday, Sep 30, 1:00 PM